As a Safety and Health Officer at Denim De L’Ile Limited, you will be required to perform your duties as prescribed by S20 of the OSHA 2005.
In addition, you will be required develop and set up activities & procedures so that we comply with international standards, certifications and code of conducts as imposed by our clients.
In short, your duties will be but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with the local laws (OSHA 2005 & its regulations, The Mauritius Fire Code, DCCA 2004, among others).
- Implementation of Occupational Safety and Health policies in the company.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits, risk assessment and accident investigations.
- Promote a safety culture across the company through regular trainings, meetings, talks, etc.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Labour (OSH Dpt) as regards to safety and health recommendations and issues.
- Follow up issues concerning machinery safety, examination of machinery and safe preventive maintenance.
- Degree in Occupational Safety & Health (Candidate should be eligible for registration as Safety and Health Officer with the Ministry of Labour)
- At least 3 years experience. Prior experience in a textile factory will be a definite advantage.
- IT Literate and proficiency in MS Office Tools